JDSU Xgig® Jammer is an Xgig-based product that allows its users to test that their Fibre Channel, Gigabit Ethernet, SAS, and SATA networks recover from a variety of error conditions without data loss or corruption. Unlike traditional products that generate network traffic and act as one side of a network connection, the Jammer works in-line between two actual network devices. As such, the Jammer does not demand that the user create complicated network stack programs to emulate a device. Instead, the Jammer allows the user to modify or ”edit” the actual network traffic between actual devices. With Xgig Jammer, testers manipulate the real-world traffic, in real-time, and verify the device’s recovery process operates as expected. Jammer tests are controlled and repeatable, and can be stored for future regression testing.
- Modify actual network traffic or make parts of it "disappear"
- Quickly discover and set-up Jammers via the Xgig’s discovery control dialog
- Control and repeat real-time data modification with stored test cases
- Pass, overwrite, or correctly recalculate the CRC on modified frames/packets
- Test any storage device with a product that supports data rates of 1, 2, and 4 Gbps Fibre Channel, 1 Gbps Ethernet, and 1.5 and 3.0 Gbps SAS / SATA
- Operate in any supported network topology or any upper-layer protocol
- Trigger protocol analyzers or other instruments at the error injection point
The Xgig Jammer is a licensable function for Finisar’s Xgig multifunction blades. This product may be used in conjunction with Finisar’s Xgig Analyzers, to capture Jammer modified traffic and its associated system response. The Jammer can both trigger the analyzer and receive arming signals from it.
JDS Uniphase Corp. is the worldwide leading provider of broadband test and measurement solutions and optical products for communications, commercial and consumer markets. 2009.7.15 acquired Finisar Nettools Division and continue its prouct line implemented in Test & Measurement division.