I2C Bus Monitor Plus & Protocol Analyzer
If your designs include heavy I2C Bus, SMBus, or derived protocol content, the I2C Bus Monitor Plus will
give you the bus monitoring power you need, including data timestamping, variable logic voltage
thresholds, and flexible triggering.Whether you’re testing designs with a single master and slave, such as
programming configuration EEPROM’s, or monitoring multiple masters and slaves in a server maintenance
system, the information packed screens help you get your debug and certification done faster.
The I2C Bus Monitor Plus is our laboratory grade troubleshooting instrument for the Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) Bus, SMBus, and other derived protocols. When connected to an I2C or derived protocol bus and a host computer, the I2C Bus Monitor Plus captures, filters, and displays bus message data and timing information
- Display Filtering on message Slave Address, Data
Bytes, and Protocol Violations.
- Microsecond Timestamping of Bits, Bytes and
- Non-intrusive capture of bus traffic to 400kHz.
- Smart Battery System (SBS) Protocol Analysis.
- Adjustable Logic Voltage Levels.
- I2C Bus, SMBus, SSI, and IPMI Development Tool.
- 256K byte Data Recording Memory, Supports
General Calls, and Multi-Master/Multi-Slave
- Displays Start/Stop Events, Device Addresses, Read/Write Requests,Acknowledgements, Data,
and Bit, Byte, and Message timing.
- Trigger Input for synchronization with external
- Trigger Output on bus events or pattern match
for triggering external test equipment.
The I2C Bus Monitor Plus includes an extensive array of message monitoring capabilities, and can time-stamp bits, bytes, or messages.
The I2C Bus Monitor Plus can display Smart Battery Data in engineering units, and can detect, filter, and display protocol violations.
|PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS (Version 2)
A test cable provides connection to the network under test. Test clips are provided for:
SCL Clock Line (with Variable Threshold)
SDA Data Line (with Variable Threshold)
GND Ground Line
Target System VCC (Optional)
Trigger Input (BNC)
TTL signal input to synchronize data collection with external events.
Trigger Output (BNC)
TTL signal output to synchronize external equipment with I2C Bus Start, Stop, Ack, Nack;, and Bit Pattern matching events.
Utility Port (DB-9)
Use to attach optional external equipment in automatic test environments. Signals include:
SDA, SCL Input
SDA, SCL Output (TTL)
Trigger Input, Trigger Output (TTL)
#MIIC-102/ISA - ISA interface.
#MIIC-102/PCI - PCI interface.
#MIIC-102/PCC - PC Card interface. (Not compatible with NT4.0)
Optional Add-On Interface kits available separately.
The I2C Bus Monitor Plus includes an extensive array of message monitoring capabilities. These inlcude:
I2C Bus Events (Start/Stop, R/W, Ack/Nack)
Bit, Byte, and Message Timing (uS)
Message Bit Rate (Bits/Sec)
Absolute or Relative Time Mesaurement
I2C Hex - Displays all data in hexadecimal.
I2C ASCII - Displays data in printable ASCII or hexadecimal.
SBS - Displays Smart Battery System (SBS V1.0, V1.1) data in engineering units with protocol revision selection (Host, Battery, Charger, and Selector) and violation detection.
Bus activity can be monitored on a selective or non-selective basis. Filter displayed messages on Slave Address, up to 8 Data bytes, and SBS protocol violation only.
SDA/SCL Logic Threshold Control
Software controlled 0.7V to 2.5V.
32-bit Windows (95/98/2000/ME/NT4.0/XP).
Includes 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, Global AC Plug Set (#MWT-5VAG).
Included Parts List
Optional Add-On Parts
- I2C Bus Monitor Plus External Pod. (#MIIC-102)
- I2C Bus Monitor Plus Software for Windows (95/98/2000/ME/NT4.0/XP).
- Computer Interface Card (PCI, PC Card. or ISA).
- Computer Interface Cable.
- Interface Card Driver CD.
- I2C Bus Clip Lead Cable, 2 Ft. (#CABCL).
- I2C Interface Cable, 4 Ft. (#CAB4).
- BNC to Clip Lead Trigger Cable.
- Power Supply (#MWT-5VAG).
- User's Guide. (# MIIC-102-UG.pdf )
- FREE Technical Support (via phone, fax, or email)
- Add-On Pod Interface Kits. Use a PCI interface in your lab. Get a PC Card Add-On for your laptop.
- PCI Interface Kit (#MIIC-102/PCIH).
- PC Card Interface Kit (#MIIC-102/PCCH).
- ISA Interface Kit (#MIIC-102/ISAH).
- I2C Bus Monitor Plus Software Development Kit (#102-SDKW-VC).
- I2C ESD and Over-curent Protection Device (#IPROTX)
- I2C Interface Cable, 4, 8, 16 Ft. (#CAB4, CAB8, CAB16).
- 7 Port I2C Distribution Board. (#IP-202)
Principal Profile - MCC
MCC (Micro Computer Control Corporation) specializes in small area networks. We provide testing tools and device interface solutions for embedded chip-to-chip communications in consumer products, computers, medical electronics, and military systems.