I2C Bus Monitor (MIIC-101) Protocol Analyzer
The MIIC-101 I2C Bus / SMBus Monitor is a Stand-Alone and Remote Troubleshooting Tool for the I2C (Inter Integrated Circuit) serial bus developed by Philips Semiconductor, or the System Management Bus (SMBus) developed by Intel, and other dervived protocols.
When connected to an I2C Bus, or SMBus network, the MIIC-101 Bus Monitor can collect, display or upload information on all bus activity.
- I2C and SMBus Compatible.
- Operating Modes include: Line Status, Forward/Backward Trace, View and Remote.
- Monitor ALL or SELECTED Bus Address.
- Stores up to 2700 messages Stand-alone. Unlimited storage in Remote Mode.
- Real-Time Trace to 100Kbit/s.
- Supports General Calls, and 7 bit Addressing.
- Displays Start/Stop Events, Device Addresses, Read/Write Requests.
- Built-in Alphanumeric Display and Keypad supports Byte, Message and Buffer Scrolling for stand-alone handheld portable operation.
- Optional Windows-based I2C Analyzer Software Package lets you see message traffic on your PC's screen, provides extended message filtering, and can record messages to disk.
- Powered by internal Battery, external Supply, or Bus Power.
- Compatible with 3.3v to 5v.
- Development: Software/Hardware Troubleshooting.
- Manufacturing: Testing and Debugging, Quality Control.
- Field Service: Field diagnosis, Repair Service, Verification.
A test cable provides connection to the network under test. Test clips are provided for:
SCL Clock Line
GND Ground Line
SDA Data Line
+5 External Supply
RS 232 Port
An RS-232 port connector and cable provides connection to PC Host system.
Bus activity can be monitored on a selective or non selective basis. Messages to all or a specified bus address can be captured in the trace buffer.
View Status Mode
In View Status Mode, the unit displays bus line levels. Displayed information includes:
Forward Trace Mode
Forward Trace collects a trace of up to 2700 bus messages with optional Pre Trigger.
Backward Trace Mode
Backward Trace maintains a trace of up to the last 2700 bus messages with optional Post Trigger.
View Mode displays captured bus activity on the built-in display. Displayed information includes:
Message and Byte Number
Transmitted Data in Hex and ASCII
Both forward and reverse scrolling of captured data bytes or messages is supported.
Start of Buffer
Start Read w/Ack
End of Buffer
-START OF TRACE-
MMMM:START AA RA
MMMM:NNN DD 'C'A
--END OF TRACE--
|Trace Message Number
Transaction Byte Number
Data in Hexadecimal
Data in ASCII
Optional Windows-based I2C Analyzer Software Package available.
Internal 9V battery, +5V bus power, or external power supply (included).
Included Parts List:
Optional Add-On Parts:
- I2C/SMBus Monitor. (#MIIC-101)
- I2C Bus Clip Lead Cable, 2 Ft. (#CABCL)
- I2C Interface Cable, 4 Ft. (#CAB4).
- External Trigger Cable, 1 Ft. (#AXM-12G)
- RS-232 Serial Cable, 7Ft. (#MEE-PS).
- DB-9 Serial Part Adapter Cable. (#C9F25M1)
- Global Power Supply. (#MWT-5VAG).
- User's Guide. (MIIC-101-UG.PDF)
- FREE Technical Support (via phone, fax, or email)
- I2C/SMBus Analyzer Software (#SMB-SW).
- I2C ESD and Over-curent Protection Device (#IPROTX)
- I2C Low Voltage Level Translator (#IVOLT)
- I2C Interface Cable, 4, 8, 16 Ft. (#CAB4, CAB8, CAB16).
- 7 Port I2C Distribution Board. (#IP-202).
Principal Profile - MCC
MCC (Micro Computer Control Corporation) specializes in small area networks. We provide testing tools and device interface solutions for embedded chip-to-chip communications in consumer products, computers, medical electronics, and military systems.