Fibre Channel (FC) SAN Protocol Analyzer
The new Xgig 8.5 Gb/s FC Analyzer blade introduced in this release has the same form factor as the 4G multifunctional blade with 2-port and 4-port option supporting 1.0625, 2.125, 4.25, and 8.5 Gb/s FC protocols. The default trace buffer has been doubled to 2GB per SFP port and, per the new 8G FC specification, the analyzer blade supports scrambling, which can easily be turned on and off. The Analyzer blade can be used as an Analyzer, BERT, Jammer, Load Tester, and Generator. It is a critically important tool for engineers developing and troubleshooting products and systems based on the 8.5 Gb/s FC protocol and subsequent application protocols such as iSCSI, FCP, FICON, and FCIP.
- Industry’s most powerful trace capture: 100% capturing at
any line rate up to the maximum data rate of 8.5 Gb/s
backed by the largest trace buffer in the industry with 2
GB per SFP port.
- Backwards Compatibility: the new 8.5 Gb/s FC mutlifunction
blade has the same form factor as the previous
4.25 Gb/s FC blade and captures/analyzes 1.065, 2.125,
and 4.25 Gb/s FC traffic as well.
- Scrambling: Support for scrambling in hardware for 1.065,
2.125, 4.25 and 8.5 Gb/s data rates. To simplify
comparisons, scrambling can be easily turned on or off
with a single click.
- SFP Support: Available in 2- and 4- SFP port blades, the
8G FC blade is also SFP+ plug-in ready. SPF+ is the MSA
form factor for 8.5 Gb/s FC transceivers.
- Multiple Data Tapping Methods: Two data tapping
methods provide options of nominal signal quality impact
and data stream clean-up.
- Multi-functional: Each blade can be served as a protocol
analyzer, Jammer, BERT, and other traffic generation
products through simple software configuration, without
- Cascadable: Multiple Xgig systems can be cascaded
together to group up to 64 time-synchronized ports for
comprehensive system analysis and testing.
- Internal and external cross triggering
- Arm-sharing across all ports in a link
- Powerful trace filtering and searching
- Maximum number of time-synchronized channels
- Industry’s highest time stamp resolution
- Tx/Rx optical power reading
- Support for the most recent updates on the 8G FC
standard from theT10 committee, such as ARB(ff ) decode
and Expert supports.
Principal Profile - JDS Uniphase Corp.
JDS Uniphase Corp. is the worldwide leading provider of broadband test and measurement solutions and optical products for communications, commercial and consumer markets. 2009.7.15 acquired Finisar Nettools Division and continue its prouct line implemented in Test & Measurement division.