The Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter is a fast and powerful I2C bus and SPI bus host adapter through USB. It allows a developer to interface a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X PC via USB to a downstream embedded system environment and transfer serial messages using the I2C and SPI protocols.
The Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter is compatible with Display Data Channel (DDC)
- System Management Bus (SMBus)
- Power Management Bus (PMBus)
- Smart Battery Bus (SBBus)
- Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
- Two-Wire Interface (TWI)
- True 400 kbps performance over higher bandwidth USB versus slower RS-232.
- Supports standard mode (100 kbps) and fast (400 kbps) mode as well as various speeds ranging from 1 kHz to 800 kHz.
- Supports inter-bit and inter-byte clock stretching.
- Supports multi-master.
- Master transmit and receive.
- Asynchronous slave transmit and receive.
- Software configurable I2C pull-up resistors.
- Software configurable target power pins to power downstream devices.
- Repeated Start, 10-bit slave addressing, and Combined Format transactions
Total Phase is a leading provider of embedded systems development tools for engineers all over the world.Total Phase，s mission is to create powerful, high-quality, and affordable solutions for the embedded engineer.For years, Total Phase has developed products that have become tools of choice for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and research institutions alike.
The simplicity and ease of integration of Total Phase products have led to many unique engineering solutions.As customers build Total Phase products into their systems, Total Phase actively incorporates their feedback, building the solutions that engineers find most valuable.
Customers are able to leverage these solutions to build higher-quality products for their own markets.